More git: links 2008-02-14
- Cheat sheet from Err the Blog.
- Another cheat-sheet type deal. Includes lots of useful alias and other configs.
- Dealing with branches, remotes, and merging
- For when you have to change where your ‘origin’ repo lives
There are hosting options available, even if you don’t want to setup something up yourself. I’ve only used GitHub myself, so I can’t speak for the others
- GitHub: Currently in invite-beta mode (no, I don’t have any more invites)
- repo.or.cz: provides public hosting
- Gitorious: targets open source projects
It seems like lots of Ruby projects have been switching to git recently. Here’s is an example of people using and promoting development through the distributed magic of git: